Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Journal 10

Overall Course Reflection

This quarter has been a busy and interesting one for me since it's my first quarter back in school since graduation in 2009. I took Design 200 in the hopes that I could have a good basic review of design concepts and I think the course lectures helped with that. I found that the class is very well organized. The assignments were consistent in nature and easily understood; however, I believe that the difficulty level for the assignments could have been higher. I personally prefer that the reading reflections be discussed in class rather than be posted on a blog. It is more involving to hear what other people think of the information they have read rather than write your own opinion of this information (it's the discussion about the differences in interpretation of the same information that I find interesting and helpful.) I would suggest also to have participation points granted for these class discussions to encourage student participation. This would also allow more time outside of class to focus on some more involved or difficult assignments.

My favorite part of this class was the final project. I think it was a good opportunity to get to know my group members and be involved in the design process. However, since the client (Coleman) was the same for all groups, the presentations became a bit repetitive on a few topics like company ethics and his story. I think it would be a good idea to have a list of different companies that the teams can choose from to make it more challenging and interesting.

Thanks you, Design 200 was enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment